Are you planning on welcoming a new member to your family? Are you looking to create the perfect nursery for them? If you are, then here are a few essential nursery furniture that we think any nursery needs…
- Cot or crib – we can almost hear you say “duh!”; but hear us out. Not only should you get a crib for your baby, but if possible, get it custom made https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folding_table. Custom made cribs or cots can be eventually converted into beds; making it cost efficient in the longer run. Don’t forget to get a night lamp as well!
- Shelf to store all your baby’s changing necessities or dresser – having an organized spot to hold all your baby’s changing necessities makes life much easier when you have to change them every few hours; especially in the dead of the night when you’re half asleep. Opt to buy white bookcases online for this purpose. Why white? Because it’s easier to maintain, and will easily fit in with any baby theme. remember a bookshelf as such can easily be transformed into a “milk station” as your baby grows older.
- Changing table – this has to be somewhere near the changing “vanity”. If you are not opting to buy 3 drawer desktop organizer, and are planning on getting them custom made; then do so for the changing table as well. You will not realize the value of a well constructed and steady changing table until your baby starts to turn or push himself around on his tummy. Trust us, you don’t want to juggle cleaning water, cotton balls and a slippery baby without some assistance!
- Feeding/rocking chair – yes, rocking chairs are ancient, and don’t really fit in with many nursery themes. Unfortunately, babies still like them; fashioned be damned. Having a comfortable chair to feed your baby in will make the experience much easier on you. And if the rocking motion helps to put your baby to sleep faster, isn’t it worth it? Remember, if you can’t afford it, or don’t have the space for a rocking chair, even a sturdy yoga ball will make a wonder “bouncy seat”.
- Clothes hamper – it’s already established that your baby is going to go trough a lot of clothes; at least until he or she hits 4. Until then, and sometimes after as well, it’s a constant stream of all sorts of accidents. As this only means more clothes, make sure you have a clothes hamper (or a cloth rack as called by some) all for your baby. Check out here for folding table for sale online.
- Diaper basket – you already know your going to have many sleepless nights. So why not make it easier on you? Apart from the rocker and the changing table, a diaper basket too can be very useful for those midnight changes. Make sure to get one that traps the odor in…